Making Your Home More Desirable To Buyers
When you are ready to sell your house, there are things that you can do to help make your house stand out from the crowd. Buying a home is an emotional purchase, you want buyers to long for your house to become their new home.
1. Get Rid of the Clutter – Buyers want to see space. Remove extra furniture and create space away from walls, take half of your stuff out of the closets and nicely organize the rest. Clean out and organize the garage and basement.
2. De-Personalize – Get rid of most of your personal photos, collections and memorabilia and put it in storage with your extra furniture. Remember you are welcoming buyers to your house not your home.
3. Kitchens Sell – If your kitchen is looking dated, this is the space that you’ll want to look to update with fresh paint, perhaps new countertops and upgraded appliances. Freshen up cabinets and replace the cabinet knobs. Keep your budget in mind and do the minimal amount that will give you maximum impact.
4. Bathrooms Sell – Make sure they are squeaky clean, clean the grout, freshen up the paint, update the rugs and put in a few accents like fancy bath salts. They can give your bathroom a spa feel that will get buyers thinking about soaking in the tub.
5. Deep Clean – Consider hiring a professional to come in and deep clean your home. They will clean all the corners you might forget and help your house sparkle.
6. Create Curb Appeal – Trim the bushes, trees and lawn. Remove the weeds, plant some annuals and consider adding some landscaping rock or mulch if needed. Paint any faded spots on the facade. Tuck the garbage cans out of sight.
Secure Your Mortgage Financing at NuMark
If you’re ready to purchase your next home, be sure to talk with our mortgage department. They will work with you and have a variety of mortgage options available–all designed to save you money. Ask about their fast closings. Apply here or call 815-744-7497.